Are you aware of dental sealants and the benefits they can have for your smile? Especially in children who are at increased risk for sugar exposure, dental sealants can protect your molars from cavities and dental erosion. For more information about dental sealants, consider the following:
– Although sealants are not suggested for infants, they can be placed in children as young as six, as sealants are most beneficial for molars, which usually grow in when a child is around six years of age.
– Dental sealants can keep your teeth safe by ensuring harmful acids in your mouth cannot penetrate your tooth enamel.
– Dental sealants can protect children, who become 3 times less likely to develop a cavity.
– Sealants are beneficial for the look of your teeth, as they are clear and will not change the original look of your smile.
– A single dental sealant can offer long-lasting protection for years, up to a decade before they may need to be reapplied or replaced.
– You can reduce the odds of tooth decay in your mouth by 80% with dental sealants.
For additional help with dental sealants, Dr. Mike Roussel and our team at My Dentist Albuquerque are here to give you the smile you desire. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Albuquerque, New Mexico, please contact us at 505-881-4365 to speak with a member of our team. Visit us today, and enjoy the season with a smile!